Tuesday 29 July 2014

Meet My Hair Products

Hair care products grow terribly underrated but I am obsessed with them! They are the key to great full flowing locks! My hair is terribly over processed from bleaching it too much so a lot of my hair care products are based around restoration and hydration. The rest of my products are more for vintage styling or were from when my hair was very long. (I am growing it out slowly attempting to get my mane back!)

My favourite hair products brand is Bumble and Bumble. An American brand, always sulphate free and designed for easy hair styling. My other favourite brand is Moroccan Oil, the brand designed to make hair frizz free and healthy- it definitely gets the job done!

HAIR WASHING ROUTINE
I currently am double cleansing my hair every single day to clear my scalp and also to remove my purple hair colour. My first cleanse is with Bumble&Bumble Sunday shampoo, a deep cleansing shampoo that is amazing at removing hair colour and especially the stubborn red and pink pigments. My hair gets three or four shades lighter with every wash!
I move on to my new FAVOURITE HAIR PRODUCT, Head and Shoulders Menthol Fresh. I have a vey delicate scalp that over the years has been wrecked with psoriasis. This is the first shampoo to have ever cleared up my scalp and soothe my scalp irritation and flakiness. This also removes hair colour extremely well.
My current conditioner is Bumble&Bumble Mending conditioner designed for healing broken and damaged hair and repairing the follicle thus providing smoother hair that doesn't frizz out so easily. I commonly use hair masks, all of which are sample sachets from many different brands like Ojon, John Frieda, Moroccan Oil, and more. I love samples.

CONDITIONING PRODUCTS
En route to healing my hair I have a strict routine of using restorative hydrating products. After wash, pre-blowdry, I use the Redken Anti-Snap leave in conditioner- focusing on areas of greater damage. After blow dry, I apply a little moroccan oil to the ends of my hair and to areas on my scalp of extra dryness. Sometimes i use the percy and reed dry conditioning spray on my scalp when setting pin curls because they can become quite frizzy sometimes and this stuff tames fly-aways easily.

STYLING FAVOURITES
All my styling products are from the Bumble&Bumble thickening range. My hair is extremely thick but when I style my hair I always want drama and massive amounts of volume! I use the thickening hairspray and the full form mousse in my blow dry. After styling for root volume i use the cream contour and city swept spray wax. These two do the job of backcombing all on their own. I pray to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!