Tuesday 29 July 2014

MEET MY COLLECTION: lipsticks

These next series of posts are dedicated to introducing you all to my collections to give you a taste of what kind of products I will be using in my posts.

In honour of it being International Lipstick Day I am going to start with my lipstick collection.

I always prefer lipstick over lip glosses mostly because of pigment intensity and texture.

My collection of lipsticks is vast, featuring the brands MAC, Lime Crime, YSL, Chanel, Lancôme, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, and Besáme. The few lip glosses I do have are Urban Decay and Bobbi Brown.

MAC: For as much MAC as I own, it is not my favourite brand. They do have amazing lipsticks though, I tend to lean more towards the amplified and matte lipsticks but always buy a Viva Glam in order to support their AIDS foundation. These lipsticks last ages and I rely on them to give me that pop of pigment.


LIME CRIME: This is my favourite brand for lip colours because of how long they last on the lips. Lime Crime lipsticks are all vegan and all high in pigment in hues not found in other brands. Their Velvetines collection blows my mind it is so amazing and I used them almost every single day because of the lack of necessity to touch them up throughout the day.


OCC: Another vegan brand of high intensity and a newer one to my collection. I nabbed some of their products at the recent IMATS and have been very impressed with their brightness and their ability to mix together to make custom shades depending on my mood.

YSL, CHANEL, LANCÔME: Sometimes I feel like I have been a good girl and deserve a goodie, this is when the designer products appear. These products are designed for a more mature skin so are all very hydrating and smooth and act as sweet kicks to my makeup look whenever I find it necessary to glam it up a little bit.

BESÁME: This is a new brand I have discovered recently that is the most vintage brand of all time. Created by a vintage cosmetic historian, the colours are exactly that of products from the 1940's and 1950's providing the most accurately vintage look.

LIP GLOSSES: The ones I have mostly were free with purchases mini lip glosses that I use mostly on clients rather than myself. All in a menagerie of natural and nude shades except for one, my Lime Crime gloss which is fuchsia and red glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!