Saturday 2 August 2014

Katy Perry Inspired Blue Hair

I changed my hair, AGAIN, as I do because I can never can make up my mind.

I have always done reds, oranges and pinky tones but I decided to stray away and go blue!


I used Katy Perry's blue bob as my inspiration and used Directions toners and dyes to achieve the look. My hair is pre-treated and heavily over processed from bleaching so takes very easily to color. Results may vary.

I started with the DIRECTIONS WHITE TONER to remove the bulk of the golden tones in my hair to avoid making the blue too blue-green. I left it on my hair for ten minutes.

After washing it out, towel drying my hair and brushing it into sections, i mixed DIRECTIONS ATLANTIC BLUE with a cheap conditioner, this time it was JOHN FRIEDA FRIZZEASE CONDTIONER. I mixed 60/40, the majority being dye and with a tint brush applied to my roots and then worked it through the rest of my hair with my fingers.

After combing it through the hair, I put my hair into a shower cap and left it for 35 minutes. Rinsed it out and towel dried the hair. Lastly I applied DIRECTIONS MIDNIGHT BLUE to my roots (which i will be doing again later this week for darker roots) to add depth the the colour. Left that for 15 minutes, washed and blow-dried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!