Friday 20 March 2015

Beauty Blender

Bloggers and Magazines have been raving about the ease of usages and the flawless finish the Beauty Blender sponge provides and I finally mustered up the cash to grab one for myself.

Purchased at Space N.K. for £18, my Beauty Blender came with a bar of cleansing soap to keep the sponge in pristine condition. 

Buy your own Beauty Blender at beautybay,com here, click me.


As per the instructions that came with this wonder sponge, I soaked the sponge in warm water for it to expand. I panicked at first sight thinking goodness this sponge is extraordinarily small, how am I going to do my makeup with this! The sponge doubled in size after being soaked in water.
Before being exposed to warm water, the sponge was small and rattled in the container

after being soaked in warm water, the sponge could not even fit in the container
I towel dried it and then worked away with my favored foundation, Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. As instructed, I dabbed and pressed the foundation into the skin with very little pressure.


I was extraordinarily impressed with the flawless smooth finish the sponge provided. My foundation sat as if I had already used a setting powder and what I found most impressive is that I only used half the foundation I would normally need to get this full coverage. I assume my fluffy foundation brush grabs most of my foundation but I was pleased knowing using this sponge will extend the time between buying foundations because I need less. 

Paired with my sponged on foundation is MAC powder blusher Melba also applied with the Beauty Blender, I felt I was better able to blend the blush to a softer finish. On my eyes is Mayebelline Collasal Lash Mascara and my lower lashes is white liquid eyeliner by Illamasqua. On my lips is the lovely lip tar Digitalis by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. 

The last thing I needed to test here was if the sponge cleansing soap worked as well as advertised. The directions simply said to swipe the beauty blender against the wet soap and then run under water until the water runs clear.

Well the sponge is clean, I tested it on a white piece of paper and received no residual makeup but my sponge is stained after the first use. My response to that is simply "meh". Nothing stays as gorgeous as when it is brand new and I feel that this sponge has proved it is worth the frightening price tag. I have ordered non branded sponges similar to this off ebay to compare the quality of the two. Once I receive those, you will know my verdict.


I hope you enjoyed this post and though there was a long pause in between posts there I plan on being active again. Just this week I accepted a position at Pluck It! Beauty in Belfast, Northern Ireland where I will start this upcoming week. I have been encouraged by my new boss to express myself vividly through makeup so prepare yourselves for many LOTDs in the near future!
XOXO Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!