Monday 22 December 2014

3 days 'til Christmas: Holographic Eyes

Another tinsel inspired look from me, this is a very easy to do look which is more dedicated to a technique than to a specific color or style. 

Iridescent eyeshadows, on top of plain colors like white, black, and brown, come to life in different ways. Here I have given you the example of the effects of two different loose pigments on top of white and black eyeshadows.

 For this, I am using the NARS Pandora palette which is a satin finish white and a matte black as my base colors to apply on top of. My two pigments are Slag by O.C.C and Dragon Scales by Lime Crime. Dragon Scales is a discontinued product by Lime Crime but both MAC and Illamasqua make loose and pressed colors very similar.
You can see here how Slag is more yellow on white and how Dragon Scales is more blue on black. This chameleon effect provides a lot of versatility and fun to your products. Any color underneath brings out a different tone of the pigment.

For this look, I used the Pandora palette underneath and the two pigments on top to create a festive look. My foundation is bare minerals matte powder paired with Shu Eumura contouring bronzer and highlighter. I used the limited edition Legendary blush from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection. The icing on this cake is my lovely nude lip done with NARS satin lip pencil in Biscayne Park. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!