Monday 6 July 2015

Clown/Sugar Skull Contouring

Bunny from Graveyard Girl product and makeup tutorial vlogger on youtube
I have been so confused by the clown and sugar skull contouring trend taking over my news feed. A woman will use many colors on her face, look like a crazy clown thing and then blends it out to look like a sexy goddess. Here is me, I just got contouring down pat and now they throw another challenge out there! 
Well... 
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!


I look ridiculous and I am panicking. I just drew spider webs and hearts and green dots all over my face. There is no possible way this is going to end up looking like normal face makeup and I will have wasted all this makeup to make myself look like a pastel weirdo.


Now, all the tutorials I have watched show them using color correcting concealers and fancy cream contouring palettes. Well, I don't have those. But, I DO have white foundation and colorful eyeshadows so, using the Sugarpill Cosmetics Sweetheart Palette shadows mixed with Illamasqua white Skin Base Foundation. I used lip brushes and concealer brushs for application and just kinda went for it...

Using my beauty blender sponge, I started blending and I was amazed by the outcome! IT WORKED!


How do I not look like a hot pastel mess? I do not know...


How did we get here? How did I make my skin look flawless and well contoured and brighter than ever? If  I had the patiency I would do this every day, Probably easier if I had the right products. (I know what to splurge on next if I can contain myself)  I finished off my look with Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake, Benefit They're Real Eyeliner, Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and LUSH Perspective lip color. Put the cherry on top with a setting powder to concrete this magic I made on my face.

Hope you enjoyed this post, XO Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!