Tuesday 14 April 2015

Girly Pinks: My Favorites


I love to accessorize with pink. It brings out my inner Barbie Girl. I have gathered my six favorite pink lip colors from 'soft and natural' to 'kick you in the face'. If you like this post, LET ME KNOW! Xo


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics makes a large variety of pinks for the lips but this is their best true pretty princess pink. With that thick signature lip tar texture it applies potent and smooth. This is an extremely hydrating matte that doesn't sit in the creases of the lips providing a plump fuller lip look. If applied very thin and set with a translucent powder, I can nearly promise, this lip color will last you all night long.



Though I am no longer a supporter of the Lime Crime company, that does not mean their products are bad. Their Geradium lipstick is extraordinarily hydrating and has a unique pink shade that nearly glows it is so bright. With buildable coverage, this can be a subtle pink or a shocking pink, perfect for the bright sunny weather.



This is the softest and most natural of the pinks today. Yves Saint Laurent makes these beautiful glossy stains in luxurious packaging and my favorite fluffy application brush ever. This particular shade enhances the natural pink of the lips and can be a great product for a soft natural makeup look for those who want a light lip but are not fond of nudes. This is a pricey little product worth every penny.



The exact opposite of the YSL, this matte liquid lipstick is shocking, in your face and perfect for eye grabbing look. Once dried and set on the lips, the product is nearly set like concrete. I unfortunately find the Lime Crime Velvetines very drying on the lips and they do cake a bit during top up reapplications. For a similar sexy matte pink with more hydrating, try Jeffree Star Cosmetics' Prom Night. (A product I sadly do not own)



This pink is my FAVORITE of all the pinks. It is perfect for that Mad Men 1960's sex pot look and also is not that bright or intense. A smooth soft color, Pink Plaid is perfect for daily use and looks good on any skin tone!



Last but not least, Pink Plaid's princess-like sister, Snob. Just slightly lighter and brighter than the shade above, this is a nice product for a nude lip alternative and a subtle kissable pout for a night out!


xxxxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxx

I do hope you enjoyed this post! I received great praise for the Classic Reds lip color post so I will be continuing with the lip color series. Up next are purples, nudes, and dark lip colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

always looking for comments, feedback, and your thoughts... talk, talk away!